Thursday, May 13, 2010

Feels so free

Todays drawing is bought to you by Jean Michel Basquiat, well actually me but inspired by him (I kinda wish to be him in another life). If your not sure who he is, he is a famous artist from the 80's who used to run around with Andy Warhol. Said to be the first artist of African American descent to become famous. Any way the reason I did this guy is because mooks artspace have a monthly art comp which I like to work on stuff for, each month and this month their theme is famous people. The other thing I figured out when drawing this is that I love this style of drawing. I used to do it quite a bit, but have been trying to straighten out some drawings a bit. What I realised however is that drawing like this feels so right, feels so free.

No comments:

Post a Comment